A leading client of ours in the Midlands is looking for an OHA on a Permanent basis, paying a salary of £42k + a car or car allowance of £366 per month.
They would ideally like someone on a full-time basis.
This role will require travel in the Midlands and also possibly further afield, candidates should have a full clean driving licence and be willing to undertake overnight stays where required.
In brief overview, the role offers opportunity for the successful candidate to work with a degree of independent responsibility in their day to day role, alongside the wider Health, Safety and Wellbeing Team.
Providing proactive, expert guidance and service delivery to managers and other stakeholder colleagues in identifying and mitigating risks to health and sickness absence.
Support to operational staff and managers to maintain positive approach to safe
Support function to the Group OH Manager and small regional Technician team
Leading on subject specific health and wellbeing projects ensuring good standards of practice.
The role excludes complex case management and line management responsibility.
The ideal candidate should be:
Registered Nurse with NMC accreditation, Specialist Occupational Health qualification and industry sector experience with comprehensive knowledge of legislation, risk management, stakeholder communication and training.
Competent in safety critical health surveillance, including driver assessments, advisory support, fitness for role and DSE assessments, case triage, health promotion design and delivery, including effective communication/presentation, organisational and technical skills with motivated flexible approach and ability to travel.
- To assess current/prospective employees' fitness to work and make recommendations accordingly. To discuss the implications for employment, exposure to risk or fitness for specified jobs with employees to protect their health and safety at all times
- To assess individual capability and determine appropriate rehabilitation/re-deployment programmes to facilitate return to work. To advise and assist management in providing reasonable adjustments for disabled employees
- Ensure appropriate and timely referral to GP/External specialists and co-ordination of case work with HR
- To provide managers with support & guidance in relation to prevention and management of long and short term absence management
- Facilitate training/presentations to staff to promote OH and achieve understanding of health & safety in the company
- Undertake specific projects and tasks in relation to Health Surveillance and other initiatives
- Ensure the accuracy, security and confidentiality of employee records/information at all times in accordance with GDPR and UKCC codes of professional conduct
- To assess and monitor the work environment to make recommendations regarding occupational hazards and their control in order to prevent work related ill health by considering workplace design, equipment and processes and their potential risks to ill health
- To interpret health and safety legislation, and make recommendations regarding the practical implications and ensuring compliance in the work place
- Keep abreast of statutory, legislation and EC directives regarding all aspects of Health & Safety
- Undertake presentations to groups in relation to health issues & preventative measures to ensure the health & safety of the workforce
- Provide support and advisory function to OH technicians within safe practice and clinical governance standards
Knowledge Skills & Experience
- Qualified Registered NMC accredited nurse with Specialist Occupational Health qualification and associated NEBOSH or IOSH safety certification.
- Membership of a professional body
- Have or working toward a H&S qualification eg NEBOSH
- Experience of working within the Construction & Facilities management sector
- Experience of conducting ergonomic/display screen equipment assessments
- Experience at undertaking Health promotion
- This role will require travel at approximately 40% of working week - candidates should be have a full clean driving licence and be willing to undertake overnight stays where required
- Ability to plan, organise own workload and manage own time
- Sound communication skills
- Confident and influential in dealing with a range of different people
- Ability to work well independently and within a larger team
- Presentation skills and ability to facilitate training sessions
- Counselling skills and/or a qualification would be beneficial
Please send us your CV, and get in touch with one of our team on 01323 332355