We are currently recruiting for a qualified Occupational Health Advisor, for our Client, to be based at their client's site in Barrow-in-Furness. This is a part time role, where the successful applicant will be required to work 4 days (30 hours) per week between 8.00am-4.00pm, Monday-Thursday.
The successful individual will be OH qualified and on part 3 of the register.
The successful individual will work alongside 2 other OHAs onsite to deliver the client service, helping to bring success to this contract and the Company.
This is a great opportunity for a qualified individual to expand their skills and experience in a supportive team environment.
The role break down is 90% case management, and 10% Health promotion and mini MOTs.
- To provide expert, evidence based case management services for referrals relating to attendance, fitness for work and other requests for OH advice.
- Provide professional, comprehensive and evidence based written reports
- Provide expert advice in respect of legislative requirements and best practice relating to OH
- To evaluate the results of medicals and surveillance provided, and ensure that the correct advice in relation to fitness is communicated, escalating where clinically appropriate
- To provide (where competent) other OH services where required such as vaccinations, travel health services, ergonomic advice, or health promotion for our clients
- To provide clinical supervision and support other team members where relevant (such as OH Technicians)
- To maintain valid and up to date registration with the NMC and comply with NMC guidelines in relation to professional issues, clinical supervision and continuous learning and development as a registered nurse
25 Days Holiday, Health Cash Plan, Perkbox
Registration with NMC Part 3
- Postgraduate qualification in Occupational Health Degree/Diploma
- Postgraduate qualification in Occupational Health Degree/Diploma recorded on Part 3 of the NMC register
- Meticulous written skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communicator with a range of stakeholders
- Excellent time management skills
- Understanding of own competence, how this relates to practice and where to escalate/seek support to ensure safe practice
- IT literacy and competence
- Comprehensive understanding of the principles and practice of data protection and confidentiality in OH
- Excellent knowledge of occupational health and employment legislation
- Case Management and provision of OH advice
- General medicals and health surveillance
- Flexible and hard working
- Visible commitment to excellence in practice
- Self-motivated with an ability to work independently and also as part of a team
- Negotiation and motivational skills, ability to accept and deliver constructive feedback
Msc qualification in OH related field
- Dual RN/RMN qualification
- Ability to present
- Teaching and training ability
- Advanced IT skills
- Knowledge of OH service delivery in a wide range of settings
- Practice Teaching/Mentoring of OH students
- Management of OH teams
- Administration of vaccinations and travel health services
- Advanced ergonomic advice