Our leading and supportive client is currently recruiting for a qualified Occupational Health Advisor to join their team based in Hove. This will be a part time position working 22.5 hours per week, flexible on days worked.
The successful individual will work as part of a team to deliver an exceptional OH service to our client and help bring success to this contract and the Company.
This role will involve a range of activities including health surveillance and fitness assessments as well as delivering health and wellbeing promotion and undertaking case management.
This is a great opportunity for a qualified individual to expand their skills and experience in a supportive team environment.
Main duties will include:
- To provide expert, evidence-based case management services for referrals relating to attendance, fitness for work and other requests for OH advice
- Provide professional, comprehensive and evidence-based written reports
- Provide expert advice in respect of legislative requirements and best practice relating to OH
- To provide fitness medicals and health surveillance that meet best practice requirements and are in line with our policies and protocols
- To evaluate the results of medicals and surveillance provided, and ensure that the correct advice in relation to fitness is communicated, escalating where clinically appropriate
- To provide supervision and support other team members where relevant
- To maintain valid and up to date registration with the NMC and comply with NMC guidelines in relation to professional issues, clinical supervision and continuous learning and development as a registered nurse
- This role will be roughly 80% case management and 20% health and wellbeing promotion and fit for work assessment activities.
25 days Annual Leave, Health Cash Plan, Perkbox
Occupational Health Advisor | Occupational Health | OH | OHA | OH Advisor | NMC
- Registration with NMC Part 1
- OH Qualified - Diploma/Degree
- Have the ability to work effectively independently and also within a team framework
- Be IT literate
- Demonstrate a self-motivated and proactive approach to work
- Understand and support a flexible approach to team working
- Have the ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Have relevant experience of working in an OH environment in a nursing/advisory capacity, across a range of OH activities
The successful candidate will be required to deliver the full OH remit and should be proficient in the provision of:
- General Medicals
- Drug and Alcohol screening
- Case Management
- Fitness for role assessment
- Driver Medicals
- Night-worker medicals
- Ideally on Part 3 of the Register
- Experience in completing oral drug and alcohol tests