Our top-notch client is currently recruiting for a qualified Occupational Health Advisor to join their team based at their client's site in Luton. This is a part-time role, where the successful applicant will be required to work 3 days per week, between the hours of 8.00am and 4.00pm. We are flexible on the three working days. The successful individual will be required to travel to a second site based in Luton 1 day per week.
The successful individual will work as part of a team to deliver an exceptional OH service to their client and help bring success to this contract and the Company.
This role will involve a range of activities including health surveillance and fitness assessments as well as delivering health and wellbeing promotion and undertaking case management.
This is a great opportunity for a qualified individual to expand their skills and experience in a supportive team environment.
- To provide appropriate expert, timely effective and practical advice
- Provide expert advice in respect of legislative requirements and best practice relating to OH function
- Assess new clients presenting to Occupational Health whether in person or by written referral
- Assess client's fitness to work for the appropriate job role
- Develop and implement effective communication mechanisms
- Write letters to GP/Specialists
- Respond to client/manager's requests for support/information on the working environment
- Maintain appropriate records in line with departmental protocols on record keeping
- Provide health surveillance in accordance with current legislation
- Provide positive, professional, accountable practice
- Work with the OH manager to review the Nursing skill mix and to develop and support ongoing recruitment
- This role will be roughly 90% health and wellbeing promotion and fit for work assessment, and 10% case management activities.
25 days Holiday (pro rata), Health Cash Plan, Perkbox.
Occupational Health Advisor | Occupational Health | OH Advisor | Nursing | Medical | Health | Interpersonal | Assessment | Administration | NMC | Case Management
- Registration with NMC Part 3
- Case Management experience
- Experience of Health screening/surveillance
- Evidence of an up to date knowledge base of professional and specialist issues
- Sound educational background, including a good standard of numeracy and written English
- Have good report writing skills
- Experience in Drug and Alcohol testing
- Have the ability to work effectively independently and also within a team framework
- Be IT literate
- Demonstrate a self-motivated and proactive approach to work
- Understand and support a flexible approach to team working
- Have the ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Be able to communicate at all levels
- Robust and self-reliant
- OH Qualified
- Able to manage onsite management in line with contract and clinical requirement
For further details on this role and others we have, please contact Chris Rose at gel Resourcing Ltd / gel OH