Our leading and supportive client is currently recruiting for a qualified Occupational Health Advisor to join their team based at their client's site in Preston.
This is a full time role, where the successful applicant will be required to work between 7.30am to 6.00pm Monday to Thursday and Friday a 4.00pm finish.
The successful individual will work as part of a team to deliver an exceptional OH service to our client and help bring success to this contract and the Company.
This role will involve a range of activities including health surveillance and fitness assessments as well as delivering health and wellbeing promotion and undertaking case management.
This is a great opportunity for a qualified individual to expand their skills and experience in a supportive team environment.
- To provide expert, evidence based case management services for referrals relating to attendance, fitness for work and other requests for OH advice.
- Provide professional, comprehensive and evidence based written reports
- Provide expert advice in respect of legislative requirements and best practice relating to OH
- To evaluate the results of medicals and surveillance provided, and ensure that the correct advice in relation to fitness is communicated, escalating where clinically appropriate
- To provide (where competent) other OH services where required such as vaccinations, travel health services, ergonomic advice, or health promotion for our clients
- To provide clinical supervision and support other team members where relevant (such as OH Technicians)
- To maintain valid and up to date registration with the NMC and comply with NMC guidelines in relation to professional issues, clinical supervision and continuous learning and development as a registered nurse
- You should be proficient in the provision of:
- General Medicals
- Drug and Alcohol screening
- Case Management
- Fitness for role assessment
25 days Holiday, Health Cash Plan, Perkbox.
Occupational Health Advisor | Occupational Health | OH Advisor | Nursing | Medical | Health | Interpersonal | Assessment | Administration | NMC | Case Management
- Registration with NMC Part 3
- OH Qualified
- Case Management experience
- Experience of Health screening/surveillance
- Evidence of an up to date knowledge base of professional and specialist issues
- Sound educational background, including a good standard of numeracy and written English
- Have good report writing skills
- Experience in Drug and Alcohol testing
- Have the ability to work effectively independently and also within a team framework
- Be IT literate
- Demonstrate a self-motivated and proactive approach to work
- Understand and support a flexible approach to team working
- Have the ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Be able to communicate at all levels
- Awareness of delivering health promotion programs
- Offering simple treatments and some previous evidence of teaching in small groups
Please contact Gel Resourcing / Gel OH - 01323 332355