Confirmed hiring during COVID-19
We currently have a vacancy for a qualified Physiotherapist to work at our clients site in Barrow-in-Furness.
This is a full time position where the successful applicant will work Monday-Thursday 8.00am-4.30pm and Friday 8.00am-12.00pm.
The role will involve MSK assessment and treatment, MSK case management and some work station assessments where appropriate.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Provide accurate clinical assessment diagnosis and treatment
- Classifying presenting clinical musculoskeletal disorders into work relatedness categories and reason for onset.
- Provide a report to Management following assessment and at time of discharge indicating employee's fitness to work and any adjustments to their role that may be required short term, long term or permanently.
- Conduct DSE assessments and provide recommendations to as to what changes/ equipment are required.
- Identification of hazards within the work place and assessing the risk of the identified hazards causing or aggravating an individual's musculoskeletal ill health
- Conduct ergonomic risk assessments with SHE advisors to identify risks to the employees within a specified area
- Providing other team members with information regarding any work practice or working environment changes that are required on a short or long term basis
- Effective rehabilitation of staff with musculoskeletal disorders, whether they be work related or not
- Complete comprehensive assessment and treatment records using DHC forms
- Collection of statistical information for report generation
- Contribute/run health promotion events
- Liaison and meetings as agreed with Physiotherapy Manager
25 days holiday, Perkbox, Health Cash Plan
- HCPC membership
- BSc Physiotherapy with recent history of practice in this area.
- 3+ years experience in MSK
- Possesses excellent Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy assessment skills and uses a wide range of tools and approaches tailored to each case based on clinical experience and available evidence base.
- Able to work autonomously, delivering a wide range of clinical services to meet the clinical and commercial needs of the business.
- Can demonstrate high quality of differential diagnosis and understands how to address both the symptoms and the root causes of the problems presented
- Shares the same core values of trust, honesty, integrity and competency. Strives to develop and promote the dynamic culture that reflects these core values
- Is personable and discreet, and has an enthusiastic and relaxed disposition
- Is empathetic, a good listener and engaging with patients; ensuring compliance with Occupational Health Physiotherapeutic advice and guidance offered
- Has excellent communication skills and proficiency in the English language (written and spoken)
- Is comfortable to nurture productive relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- A thorough understanding of the role of Physiotherapy in Occupational Health
- Post-graduate training in Occupational Health/Ergonomics
- Full Member of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy
- Member of Association of Chartered Physiotherapists in Occupational Health & Ergonomics (ACPOHE)