Our Client is seeking either an experienced Occupational Health Technician, or a suitable person to train as an OH Technician, to join their expanding peripatetic team.
Candidates should ideally be based in the Midlands area.
The successful applicant will be required to travel throughout the UK and Midlands driving a Mobile Medical Unit (MMU) to client sites in order to deliver health surveillance services. The successful applicant must have the facility to park the unit at or near their home address overnight and be comfortable with the travel required for the role.
This is a full-time role where the successful applicant will work 37.5 hours per week. There may be a requirement for weekly overnight stays as part of the role.
This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic and reliable individual to expand their skills and experience in a supportive environment.
- Undertake health surveillance screening, including audiometry, lung function testing, drug and alcohol testing
- To undertake health screening procedures, including general baseline measurements such as height, weight, blood pressure, urinalysis
- To ensure all medical information is accurately recorded in the occupational health records and passed to the relevant clinical staff
- To ensure all equipment is serviceable, clean and fit for purpose
- To undertake and support additional tasks as requested, such as health promotion activities
- Provide support to the whole occupational health team in helping the department to run smoothly and effectively, undertaking non-clinical tasks as requested e.g. filing/tidying etc
- Support the wider occupational health team in their duties and ensure that all information is accurately gathered and recorded
The screening procedures give the nursing and physician staff the biometric information they require to be able to make clinical decisions about patient management; the Occupational Health Technician has no role in interpreting results apart from in drug and alcohol testing is trained to do so.
25 Days Annual Leave, Health Cashback Plan, Perkbox.
Peri Occupational Health Technician | OH Team | Occupational Health | Healthcare Technician | Occupational Health Technician | Mobile Medical Unit | Testing | Peripatetic| Ambulance Medic
- Sound educational background including a good standard of numeracy and written English
- The ability to work autonomously with support from line management and others within the team
- Demonstrates a proactive approach to work
- Possess solid IT skills
- Be able to prioritise own workload and manage own time effectively, self-motivated and capable of working flexibly and to strict deadlines
- Understand the requirement for patient confidentiality, ensuring all patients are treated with respect, dignity and privacy
- Possess strong self-awareness and a sense of respect for others
- Demonstrate a strong customer service focus and approachability when holding assessments
- A team player who is supportive of their colleagues and promotes a positive working environment
There is no recognised professional qualification for this role however suitable backgrounds includes:
- Graduates from Sports Science degrees
- Health Care Assistant
- Military Medic
- Offshore Medic Knowledge and experience of working in occupational health
Please contact Chris at Gel Resourcing for further details, 01323 332355