Lead OHA / Lead Occupational Health Advisor - Midlands
up to £45000 per annum, Car or Allowance + Competitive package
Full Time, 37.5 hpw
- To lead service OH design, development, implementation and health project management initiatives, providing solutions and options for change.
- Deliver operational OH support and enhancements related to policy, pathways and best practice interventions aligned with legal/statutory and national standards in liaison with OH/Senior Managers.
- Contribute to measurable improvements in OH workforce health and wellbeing, health risk management and service user experience across the organisation, enhancing profile and effectiveness of OH service and delivery.
- Share relevant Team objectives in line with the OH transformation plan and strategic priorities and work to identify/ deliver measurable value adding service benefits that support workplace/workforce health risk management and improved service provision.
- Facilitate the Team in identifying opportunities for reducing internal costs, system and process inefficiencies enabling people development and service delivery improvements.
- Lead, support and encourage the development of the OH Technicians in liaison with the Technician Lead.
- Consult, coach and engage the OH Technician team
- Demonstrate commitment to business values and empower team members
- Play a leadership role in cross-functional project teams, and work as a key partner with other teams and divisions across the business including HR, Communications, Construction, RMDK, and H&S support service teams.
- Support the Group Occupational Health Manager with assessment and monitoring of clinical, people and operational performance.
- Promote a culture of collaboration and build strong, credible relationships.
- Play an active role all healthcare management internal activities.
- Adopt the Senior role in the assessment and provision of proactive, quality OH services. Support Group OHM in assessing clinical practice of the OH Team and maintain working knowledge of policies and procedures accordingly.
- Support the Group OHM to implement sustainable policy, processes and pathways with clear process definition and ownership to reduce unwarranted variation and ensure sustainable, consistent delivery.
- Contribute to policy, procedure and guidance, including development of strategy, projects and planning to support SEQOHS accreditation and continual improvement as agreed with the Group OHM.
- Adopt and drive a continuous improvement approach to working practices in OH function to achieve improved performance and positive, measurable clinical outcomes
- Responsible for ensuring all monitoring of sector-related activity within defined geographical regions.
- Production of monthly and quarterly activity reports.
- Ad hoc reports as requested by the Group OHM
To carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required including, but not restricted to:
- Agreeing targets, reporting and monitoring arrangements and participating in regular briefing meetings, as required by the Group OHM
- Promoting corporate values to staff, customers and suppliers;
- Attending meetings and training courses as required.
Knowledge skills & experience
- Qualified Registered NMC Part 1/accredited nurse with post-graduate OH qualification to degree/diploma level.
- Previous experience and knowledge post qualification in multi-industry sector with ability to translate business needs into OH solutions.
- Knowledge and experience of health risk management and current wellbeing issues
- Experience in building successful, collaborative relations with relevant stakeholders
- Experience in project planning, design and leading approaches in OH related activities
- Evidence of innovation and managing change, applying business judgement and strategy
- Good understanding of H&S and QA processes.
- Technical competency in undertaking health surveillance interpretation, record analysis and activity (including spirometry, audiometry, hand arm vibration, skin,), fitness for role and safety critical health assessments.
- Experience of attendance management consultations/pre-placement/initial health assessments, triaging, report writing, including face to face and remote telephone consultations.
- Experience of conducting ergonomic/display screen equipment assessments.
- Knowledge and Experience of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power point and Outlook.
- Designing and implementing Health and Wellbeing approaches to improve workforce health
- Experience of working within the Construction and Facilities management industry.
- Previous experience in leadership role/team management.
- Previous experience in the SEQOSH accreditation process would be beneficial.
- NEBOSH/CMIOHS qualification and data analytics.
- Qualified Registered NMC registered/accredited nurse with OH qualification to degree/diploma level
- Substantial OH & Wellbeing knowledge including up to date knowledge of applicable legislation, best practice principles and regulatory requirements.
- Ability to work autonomously and within cross functional teams.